- We need to be able to move while maintaining a stable base.
- This is a starting point for more advanced footwork.
- These are the most basic footwork patterns for moving in straight lines; left, right, forwards, back.
- General principle: Don’t cross your feet as it makes the stance too narrow for a moment and you would be unstable.
Which ever direction we want to move in, we move the foot closest to that position first.
The other foot then follows to return the stance to the same width.
- To move right, the right foot moves first.
- To move left, the left foot moves first.
- To move forwards, the front foot moves first.
- To move backwards, the back foot moves first.
For more information on our classes and one to one boxing training in central Birmingham, go to our boxing page.