- To be in a position to punch or defend.
- Defend means – parry punches or cover head or cover body.
- Dominant hand – thumb on cheek bone.
- Lead hand – a little further forward.
- Look in between hands.
- There are different styles of guard. Some coaches would say look over hands, and position both hands a little further forwards.
- Forearms parallel.
- Relax the shoulders.
- Tuck chin down.
For more information on our classes and one to one boxing training in central Birmingham, go to our boxing page.