This pull-up variation places greater emphasis on the upper back and can be a little easier to achieve than Hollow Body Pull-Ups.
- Use a bar that you can hang from without your feet touching the ground.
- Grip the bar at about shoulder width with a thumb-less pull-up grip.
- Activate your shoulders as in the Scapular Pull-Up described above.
- Look up towards the bar and lean backwards allowing your back to arch. Tense your glutes and hamstrings.
- Inhale just before you begin to pull.
- Aim to pull your chest to the bar. The angle of pull should be similar to a Body Weight Row.
- Pause briefly in the top position, exhale and squeeze your arms down and back.
- Descend with control back to the dead hang position.